While digitalization has moved into every corner of the workplace, it’s important, especially for mid-cap companies to realize why digital marketing and communication is important in all departments and as part of their company’s strategy. Larger organizations have already built regular digital communications into product development, sales and marketing plans. However mid-cap companies in fintech or traditional businesses, lack intensive digitization in consumer-facing interactions.
If you are conceptualizing your company as a digital-first and want to link all technological elements to your PR strategy and marketing plan, here are the different ways in which digital communication can enhance and transform your brand and the way your customers interacts with your company.
- Digital communication provides a seamless experience to customers and stakeholders – By eliminating the need for time-consuming face to face interactions, digital communication in various forms such as AI, chatbots and automation, makes it easier for customers to reach out to organizations at a time that is convenient and non-disruptive to them. Digital communication also helps build an enhanced relationship with stakeholders at various levels, leading to real-time communication more effectively.
- Digital communication build better employee engagement – Digital communication enables better employee engagement. According to reports, employee engagement is critical and even expensive because of employee turnover, but it doesn’t need to be. You can use digital communication and narrratives to transform your employees into storytellers for the company’s brand. Tap the potential of employees to feature their goals, drive an emotional connection and create a sense of connection to the organization. All this can be made possible through the company’s intranet and even social media–for your employees are the face of your company.
- Customizable and scalable content – One of the most valued benefits of digital communication is its cost effectiveness. Mid-cap companies can leverage these benefits when they focus on diffused consumption of content, as it allows customers to access information when they want it, and in the medium they prefer. Since the same digital content can be repurposed into different formats such as blog posts, infographics, animation, and videos, it can turn out to be cost effective and economical.
- Amplify your content – Digital communication allows you to amplify your content and let it reach a huge number of people, across the world. Where earlier there was reliance on press conferences and press releases to media to get word out or a letter to a consumer, today white papers, videos, blogs, podcasts and other collateral can be shared instantly on social media and when more people re-share your content, it gets amplified significantly.
- Measurable results – The numerous ways of unpacking metrics from a digital marketing campaign, ensures that you know what works and what doesn’t within the digital framework. Whether it is the number of page views of content, traffic searches, conversions, website visits, the number of views a video has received or the number of times a report has been downloaded, these metrics can be tracked, helping you understand how fruitfully your money has been invested. This is important because it helps you understand what your customers need and what they prefer, so you can ensure that they keep coming back.
Bringing about a digital transformation in your organization is no longer in question as the benefits far outweigh the costs. The digitalization movement has already begun and it’s time to embrace it fully.